2/1/07

My Learning Resolutions

My Learning Resolutions

Goal 1: In this semester, I am planning to improve my skill in evaluating own and other’s writing.
Method: I will evaluate by different areas in writings what I wrote or others wrote.

Goal 2: I will be improved in understanding skills of literature language in a novel.
Method: I will ask Ms Johnson to get suggestions of good literary book list and I will choose two of them and read. After reading, I will write a journal entry about my response.

Goal 3: I will be improved in organizing ideas to achieve cohesion in writing.
Method: I will practice brainstorming ideas and organize them in effective way. For example, drawing mind map or writing outline will help me.

Goal 4: I will develop techniques to express a personal style and voice.
Method: I will reflect my opinion in class or to any written assignments to practice my style and voice. During weekends, if possible, I will try writing an essay that shows my viewpoints.

Goal 5: I will be better at using conventions of punctuation in any written compositions.
Method: I will pay more attention to grammar especially when I am using punctuation.

Goal 6: I will be learned how to write research papers.
Method: Whenever teachers are talking about research papers, I will listen carefully. When I write research papers, I may use charts, graphs, or drawings that help to organize ideas and information in research.

Goal 7: I will be excelled at knowing about topic in research, reading, or talking with others. In addition, I will gain strength of selecting details for each topic.
Method: I will be familiar with a note taking skill and attach on research papers, or books about ideas and details. And when I talk with other people, I will remind myself what I am going to talk about.

Goal 8: I will include the overall tone and voice, clarity of meaning in writing.(Sentence fluency)
Method: I will decide what kind of tone and voice, and the meanings I will be using in writing.

No comments: